FT sensor on MOTOMAN MH5F – force/torque measurement
- Recording of force/distance characteristics of switching elements
- Quality control of switching elements
- Calibration of material characteristics
- An FT (force/torque) sensor and a PZN-plus centric gripper are mounted on the robot. Furthermore, there is also an ERD rotary module and an ELB linear module on the inspection platform.
- The gripper grips a plastic pin and presses the buttons of the vehicle entertainment system. The resultant forces are displayed on the screen. The pin is set down.
- The gripper now grips the rotary control knob of the entertainment system directly. The resultant torques are displayed on the screen.
- The FT sensor then measures the torques generated on the rotary module and the forces generated on the linear module and displays them.
- Using the FT sensor, forces and torques can be measured precisely in all six degrees of freedom, recorded and evaluated.
Inspection of a vehicle entertainment system
- MOTOMAN MH5F
- Precise force/torque measurement in six degrees of freedom
YASKAWA Europe GmbH