Features & Functions
The Varispeed AC applies 9 bi-directional switches (18 IGBTs) with sine-wave PWM control. It directly converts 3-phase AC power supply to variable 3 phase AC power, which is required for voltage and frequency for motor control. Therefore it is possible to fit generated power from the motor to the main power supply. The difference to general-purpose inverters, Matrix needs no sine-wave converter to prevent harmonics and no DC link circuit with diodes and electrolytic capacitors.
The Varispeed AC returns the motor’s regenerative energy to the power supply without having to connect any special device. Energy is used with extreme efficiency.
Power source regenerative function
- Space saving – No peripheral devices such as sine-wave converters, devices to prevent harmonics, or braking units are needed. As a result, installation space can be saved and a lot of wiring are unnecessary.
- Energy and cost saving – the regenerative energy is fitted to the main power supply
Friendly to the power supply environment
Input current waveform becomes sinusoidal without any peripheral devices, similar to a commercial power supply. Harmonic pollution of the power supply is minimized in order to protect surrounding machinery. Available power system capacities can be increased to meet regulations on harmonics.
Even in low-speed operation, all IGBTs turn on and off according to the frequency of the AC power supply. Switching is divided evenly among the IGBTs to get a uniform heat load making any extra capacity for low-speed operation redundant.
- LCD operator makes it easy to confirm information.
- Quick Mode to operate the Varispeed AC with the minimum parameter settings.
- Verify Mode to check parameters that have been changed from the factory settings.
- Copy function for easy uploading/downloading of parameters. Set parameters for several matrix converters all at once.
- Extension cable (optional) for remote operation.
- Same operating panel and handling as F7, G7 and E7
- Easy to inspect and maintain
- DriveWizard manages parameters on your PC.
- Various monitoring functions such as output power, watt-hour, I/O terminal status, etc.
- Detachable terminals make the Varispeed AC easy to replace
- Same performance and handling as Yaskawa Varispeed 7 series